Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: glambertGIS Suggestion
Since the skills would be used with job 3, I would say only take supportive skills from any class to prevent waste on the skills.

High Wizard
- Soul Drain lv10
- Quagmire lv5
- Ice Wall lv5
- Sight lv1

Professor
- Dispell lv1
- Magnetic Earth lv1
- Soul Exhale lv1
- Blinding Mist or Foresight lv1

Lord Knight
- Parry lv5
- Tension Relax lv1
- Two-Hand Quicken lv5
- One-Hand Quicken lv5

Paladin
- Battle Chant lv5
- Devotion lv2
- Defending Aura lv3
- Guard lv5

Sniper
- Wind Walk lv5
- Falcon Eyes lv5
- Ankle Snare lv5
- Improve Concen lv5

Gypsy/Clown
- Marionette Control lv1
- Improve Concen lv5
- Tarot Card lv5
- Charming Wink lv1

High Priest
- Inc AGI lv5
- Heal lv10 or Assumptio lv2
- Aspersio lv1
- Magnificat lv5

Champion
- Zen lv1
- Snap lv1
- Pneuma lv1
- Blessing lv5

Assassin Cross
- Create Deadly Poison lv1
- Enchant Deadly Poison lv1
- Cloaking lv5
- Steal lv5

Stalker
- Full Divest lv5
- Plagiarism lv10
- Haggle lv5
- Double Attack lv10
i'd second a few ofthose, because most 1st/2nd class offensive skills are pretty useless once you hit 3rd class, wich is kinda the prerequisite for getting a GIS. well, with a few exceptions.

1.) High wizz: good suggestion.

2.) Professor: dispell is too powerful, even on lvl 1. instead, i'd suggest "Abra Cadabra" lvl 5 for shit n giggles.

3.) Knight's one-hand-quicken is a soullink-skill: i don't think it would be useable even when the non-knight class is under soul-link, and oyu can't use knight-link on a non-knight class.
also, 2h quicken only works with 2h swords, so pretty useless, too, due not useable with any other 2h weapon like katars, bows, axes or spears.
most likely 'Coincentration' and 'Increase HP recovery'

4.) Pally: hm, ok with that.

5.) sniper: nope to falcon eyes: +5 all stats and insane dmgboost without backlash? better ancle snare lvl 5, useful but won't imbalance some classes.
also, 'remove trap' instead of improve concentration, because clown/Gypsy already gives that.

6.) clown/gypsy: nope to tarot card. current GIS is good enough.

7.) HP: well, i'm ok with either your priest-suggestion or the current one, no big difference

8.) champ: i can live with both, your's or current.

9.) assaX: absolutely nope to EDP. my doram already hits up to 200k+ Pickypecks, and due the high wAtk of doram weaps, the wAtk-mechanic of EDP would imbalance a couple of high-burst-skills like said pickypeck, Arrow storm (imagine AS with EDP and unlimit) or sura's GoH/TC.
also my not-so-great crit-RK already hits 30k+ crits, if i ever gear him up he's prolly able to at least double that. add EDP to that and i bet the crits would hit 150k+. EDP should stay a assaX exclusive skill. current GIS is good enough

10.)stalker: i'd prefer current GIS over your suggestion, hence haggle would be sometimes a good skill to have.

in the end, there's still some tweaking and balancing to do.
(06-13-2018, 08:43 AM)fraterna Wrote: i'd second a few ofthose, because most 1st/2nd class offensive skills are pretty useless once you hit 3rd class, wich is kinda the prerequisite for getting a GIS. well, with a few exceptions.

1.) High wizz: good suggestion.

2.) Professor: if hocus pocus also includes job 3's skills, then it's good. If it's still the vanilla hocus pocus, it's a waste skill. Maybe for a special occasion, those who chose Professor GIS can choose 1 endow skill at lv1.

3.) Knight's one-hand-quicken is a soullink-skill: i don't think it would be useable even when the non-knight class is under soul-link, and oyu can't use knight-link on a non-knight class.
also, 2h quicken only works with 2h swords, so pretty useless, too, due not useable with any other 2h weapon like katars, bows, axes or spears.
most likely 'Coincentration' and 'Increase HP recovery'

4.) Pally: hm, ok with that.

5.) sniper:  all stat increased by 5 is not a big difference for any class. The important buff it gives would be the ATK boost in % which correlates with skill lvl. If lv5 is too strong, maybe lv3? Remove trap seems too specific on the usage tho...

6.) clown/gypsy:  nope to tarot card. current GIS is good enough.

7.) HP: well, i'm ok with either your priest-suggestion or the current one, no big difference

8.) champ: i can live with both, your's or current.

9.) assaX: current GIS wasted on Soul Destroyer. If EDP is far too OP, then perhaps Hiding lv1 and Detoxify lv1?

10.)stalker: i'd prefer current GIS over your suggestion, hence haggle would be sometimes a good skill to have.

Sadly I can't view the current list of GIS after I chosen my GIS... Is there a list somewhere?
proff: well, as i said, hocus pocus is more of a 'for fun' skill. plus endows... isn't THAT good due we have access to crimson weapons that come pre-enchanted with elements.
maybe some ground skill like deluge? would be great for wizzys.

sniper: +5 all stats is a huge deal on some occasions, and the no-downside-only-benefit part of this skill compared to LK's Concentration is a bit too strong in my eyes.
remove trap isn't too bad to have later in WoE, whenever it gets enabled. but maybe a passive like "Owl's Eye" would be more favoured over remove trap. no idea, lets sandbox decide.

assaX: well, most current GIS offensive skills are completely wasted. i mean, wizzy has friggin heavens drive lvl 5: a completely underperforming skill like most job1/job2 magic skills in renewal. but hide? hm, would be ok i think.

GIS descriptions:
http://www.elysianro.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6

here Smile
(06-13-2018, 12:03 PM)fraterna Wrote: proff: well, as i said, hocus pocus is more of a 'for fun' skill. plus endows... isn't THAT good due we have access to crimson weapons that come pre-enchanted with elements.
maybe some ground skill like deluge? would be great for wizzys.

sniper: +5 all stats is a huge deal on some occasions, and the no-downside-only-benefit part of this skill compared to LK's Concentration is a bit too strong in my eyes.
remove trap isn't too bad to have later in WoE, whenever it gets enabled. but maybe a passive like "Owl's Eye" would be more favoured over remove trap. no idea, lets sandbox decide.

assaX: well, most current GIS offensive skills are completely wasted. i mean, wizzy has friggin heavens drive lvl 5: a completely underperforming skill like most job1/job2 magic skills in renewal. but hide? hm, would be ok i think.

GIS descriptions:
http://www.elysianro.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6

here Smile

Professor: Aah I forgot about crimson weapons being enchanted. Then I guess skills like Deluge would be good yeah. Or Magic Wand?

Sniper: I don't really get what you meant by only-benefit-no-downside part... Most supportive skills do that right? If Falcon Eyes still considered too strong, then maybe Owl's Eye lv10 is good.

Assassin Cross: okay how about Cloaking lv5, Hiding lv1, Detoxify lv1, Enchant Poison lv10? Not sure having Steal would be much of use.

Stalker: Back slide doesnt seem to be that useful... Maybe replace it with Haggle? Tunnel Drive also seem only useful in WoE, which I assume not anytime soon. And the user need the Hiding skill to use it. Maybe replace Tunnel Drive with Full Divest? It can be used on bosses.
big-benefit-no-downside:
Falcon Eyes give +5 all stats, atkboost, hit boost and crit boost. no downside.
compare to Concentration of LK: endure-effect, atk and hit boost, but def drops by up to 25%. quite a downside when you depend on high def.

for stalkie: reject sword also works on MvPs, and strip all has only limited use: the low-tiered MvPs you could use it on aren't worth the attempts due you kill em faster than you need for a successful strip. on highend-MvPs: their insane high stats make it very difficult to actually succeed (many of those have 300+ dex, time holder even 400+). plus i think having basically every class be able to strip you in PvP doesn't make me like PvP more. so to say, current GIS is quite ok. of course could be way better, but also way worse.

for assa: i'd go for the current GIS, maybe switch out SB with maybe increase Dodge or yeah, detoxify.

when i got this right GIS should give a bit of and edge to most classes, but not imbalance em with raisin-picked perfect skills.
(06-13-2018, 01:09 PM)fraterna Wrote: big-benefit-no-downside:
Falcon Eyes give +5 all stats, atkboost, hit boost and crit boost. no downside.
compare to Concentration of LK: endure-effect, atk and hit boost, but def drops by up to 25%. quite a downside when you depend on high def.

for stalkie: reject sword also works on MvPs, and strip all has only limited use: the low-tiered MvPs you could use it on aren't worth the attempts due you kill em faster than you need for a successful strip. on highend-MvPs: their insane high stats make it very difficult to actually succeed (many of those have 300+ dex, time holder even 400+). plus i think having basically every class be able to strip you in PvP doesn't make me like PvP more. so to say, current GIS is quite ok. of course could be way better, but also way worse.

for assa: i'd go for the current GIS, maybe switch out SB with maybe increase Dodge or yeah, detoxify.

when i got this right GIS should give a bit of and edge to most classes, but not imbalance em with raisin-picked perfect skills.

Then by that logic, Blessing also big-benefit-no-downside right??

Venom Splasher is wasted offensive skill. Envenom is wasted offensive skill. Posion React is wasted offensive skill. Soul Destroyer is wasted offensive skill. How could any of those be useful in 3rd class... Enchant Poison change weapon element without adding any dmg boost, would be good for when solo and finding ghosts. Detoxify can be incredibly useful, since it also removes venom besides poison. Cloaking might be OP in pvp/woe. Hiding is basically smokie replacer for another card.
(06-13-2018, 01:25 PM)glambert Wrote: Then by that logic, Blessing also big-benefit-no-downside right??

Venom Splasher is wasted offensive skill. Envenom is wasted offensive skill. Posion React is wasted offensive skill. Soul Destroyer is wasted offensive skill. How could any of those be useful in 3rd class... Enchant Poison change weapon element without adding any dmg boost, would be good for when solo and finding ghosts. Detoxify can be incredibly useful, since it also removes venom besides poison. Cloaking might be OP in pvp/woe. Hiding is basically smokie replacer for another card.

*sigh* blessing just adds 3 stats, removes curse statuses and it's downside is that it's completely useless when under undead-curse or wearing undead armor (what you often need at some higher tiered instances or bosses). 
it doesn't give an easy 20% damageboost like true sight and has way higher SP-cost. you won't mind SP cost at some maxed 3rd class like WL or genetic with their insane 6k+ SP pool, but other classes like critRK/GX, PP-doram and some others just lack SP huge time, there each single SP counts.

i agree with venom splasher, it's as useful as arrow vulcan on a knight: barely. but poison react has some uses, for example tanking classes to maintain aggro or autocast builds. envenom is questionable, but can be pretty annoying in PvP and sometimes in PvE (there are some nasty normal mobs with high def/HP where poison status comes in handy) and can get quite powerful when teaming up with a GX.
so to say: hiding or detox: i could live with both if sandbox kick out splasher and breaker.
(06-13-2018, 01:48 PM)fraterna Wrote: *sigh* blessing just adds 3 stats, removes curse statuses and it's downside is that it's completely useless when under undead-curse or wearing undead armor (what you often need at some higher tiered instances or bosses). 
it doesn't give an easy 20% damageboost like true sight and has way higher SP-cost. you won't mind SP cost at some maxed 3rd class like WL or genetic with their insane 6k+ SP pool, but other classes like critRK/GX, PP-doram and some others just lack SP huge time, there each single SP counts.

i agree with venom splasher, it's as useful as arrow vulcan on a knight: barely. but poison react has some uses, for example tanking classes to maintain aggro or autocast builds. envenom is questionable, but can be pretty annoying in PvP and sometimes in PvE (there are some nasty normal mobs with high def/HP where poison status comes in handy) and can get quite powerful when teaming up with a GX.
so to say: hiding or detox: i could live with both if sandbox kick out splasher and breaker.

See this is why I say all stat +5 is nothing big, since even bless adds 3 stat by 10 (which adds the 3 stat that increase damage on any class). The deciding factor is the atk boost, which is why I recommend Falcon Eys lv5 instead of 10, and if 10% atk boost is still too much, maybe lv3. Even tho the sp requirement to cast FE is low, it also ends sooner, thus raising the sp consumption. 40 sp 30 sec against 64 sp 240 sec. I would say it is fair.

100 vit immune to poison, which I presume any tanker would have more... Even if not 100, most would probably have 80-ish.